Pros and Cons of Getting a Septum Piercing in Sacramento
The septum or the nasal septum is the cartilaginous wall that divides the two nostrils. Yet this cartilage is usually not pierced. The thin strip of very soft and flexible skin, located between the cartilage and the bottom of the nose is where septum piercing is commonly done. Piercing the skin instead of the cartilage can tremendously minimize the pain, as well as other discomforts associated with this type of body piercing. It can be done with piercing needles or guns. As far as jewelry, there’s captive bead rings, circular barbells, plugs, tusks, curls, pinchers, and septum retainers.
- A septum piercing can be your own “Permanent Fashion Accessory”, meaning it can be an accessory your wearing all the time and never have to take off, but you can do so if you wish and have the skin heal and not have it anymore. As simple as that!
- It can boost your self confidence, piercings of any kind can make you feel amazing and make you want to go out and flaunt it to everyone.
- With this specific piercing you can hide it when in a professional setting or when your in a position where you simple can’t have it visible.
- Just like earrings there are different septum rings in different shapes,styles, and even colors you can choose from.
- If you’re not sure if the piercing will look good or not on you just get it to try it out and if you don’t like it you can simply take it out.
- After having it for awhile, you won’t even notice it.
- This piercing is very versatile and can look good on anyone, whether your a rocker chick or a rapper chick…or even a guy haha.
- You can stretch a septum piercing just like stretching your ears, but you can hide a stretched septum rather than stretched ears.
- If pierced by needles that aren’t sterile you have a greater chance to conduct an infection like hepatitis, this can be managed under proper aftercare.
- They can cause an irritation and or annoyance while going through a cold or having a runny nose.
- While getting this piercing you will feel as though you need to sneeze, some will even sneeze throughout the process.
- You may have painful a painful healing time, septum piercings often take awhile to heal completely (Keep in mind this is different for everyone, due to everyone’s body having different reactions).
- You’ll experience the “Septum Stench”, it’s caused from your skin healing and your nose trying to rid the dead skin, don’t worry no one else can smell it and it will go away eventually.
- While healing your nose while accumulate “crusties” which is your nose growing new skin onto your septum ring, this may cause strong irritation. All you have to do is clean off your ring often.
*Note: This is only stressed in the beginnings of the healing process
- People might make remakes of you resembling a cow/bull, this won’t happen all the time but, beware.
- For some the healing process is quite a long time period, but all of our bodies heal differently.